Lyndon Wells has almost always been known simply as Lyndy. This goes back to when he was a child growing up in Newton and attended Newton Public Schools.
Lyndy was raised by his parents, Brad and Mary Jean Wells, along with 3 siblings. His father was the Mayor of Newton and was among the founders of what is now known as the Central Kansas Community Foundation.
He served as President of two community banks before moving to Wichita, a town that has been his home for the past 20 years. In his over 17 years at INTRUST Bank in Wichita, he served in a variety of roles including as Division Director of the Public Affairs Division.
Throughout his 4 decades as a community banker, Lyndy has always been involved in the community where he lives and works. His entire professional career was devoted to service and leadership roles in community and civic organizations.
Some of the organizations in which Lyndy has held leadership roles include:
- WSU Tech Board of Directors and Chair
- Ascension Via Christi Wichita Board and Chair
- Ascension Via Christi Health System Board and Chair
- Greater Wichita Economic Development Committee (GWEDC) Chair
- Prairie View, Inc. Board Chair
- Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce Board Chair
- United Way of the Plains Campaign Cabinet
- Greater Wichita Partnership, Business and Education Alliance
- St. Stephens Episcopal Church, Treasurer
Lyndy’s wife, Marty, has served on the Sedgwick County Zoological Society Board of Directors for several terms and has co-chaired the Zoobilee Silent Auction Committee for several years. She has also served as a Court Appointed Special Advocate for the CASA organization. Together, Lyndy and Marty have three grown children and five grandchildren.